One of my favorite things to bake with the girls is muffins. And these muffins are perfect to make ahead for those grab-and-go breakfasts before heading to school or starting our day. They are loaded with fruit and dairy products. I love that with one muffin you are getting a ton of fruit and protein. And they taste amazing! I always triple this recipe and freeze the extra. I usually freeze about 8 muffins in each ziplock bag. Then at the beginning of the week, I defrost a bag for us to enjoy throughout the week.
Best Lemon, Blueberry, and Raspberry Muffins
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt (or sub sour cream)
- 1 cup mixed blueberries and raspberries
- 1/2 cup additional blueberries and raspberries for the top
- zest of 1/3 lemon
- juice of 1/3 lemon
- Preheat over to 375ºF. Place muffin liners in muffin tin.
- Combine sugar, egg, oil, milk and vanilla in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Once well combined, add to wet ingredients.
- Stir in yogurt, lemon juice and lemon zest just until well mixed.
- Fold in blueberries and raspberries.
- Pour into muffin tins. Fill to the top of tin for 8 high crowned muffins. Or 3/4 full for 12 muffins.
- Add additional berries to the top.
- Bake muffins for about 25 minutes depending on how full you fill each muffin. These muffins stay a lighter color because of the yogurt. They are a light golden color. Pull them out as soon as a toothpick comes out clean.
I hope you love these muffins as much as we do!
New Mexico Milkmaid